Sunday, September 13, 2015

castAR - Augmented reality gaming glasses

castAr - Augmented reality gaming glasses


Today I've found this: http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2071-augmented-reality-castar-gaming-glasses-pax

First - or at least one of the first - true augmented reality gaming glasses. I must say that I have very mixed felling about this. As for me augmented reality is synonym of freedom, flexibility. castAR is a very interesting project, it can give a lot of fun but it is opposite of things that I admire in augmented reality.

First of all games presented there are...poor. Battle ships, marbles....it is ok as POC but for real usage it is just not enough. I hope there will be something much more interesting.
Second thing is that user is really fixed to place where he want to play, special surface, connection to device. The whole magic magic of AR just disappears. There is no interaction with world. As for me this is just a different type of display, not different type of fun or game.

castAR has a very big potential, and I hope it will get better and better and they will achieve the goal that they want but at the moment they`re missing the "wooow" effect. The true fun and excitement related to augmented reality is just missing.

0 komentarze:

Post a Comment